Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Break!

Spring Break is finally here! I think I need to repeat this..... Spring Break if FINALLY here! I can hardly believe it. Tomorrow is a PD day for my district, so basically my Spring Break has already started!

I am already packed for my trip to Punta Cana! I have never been to the Dominican Republic and look forward to some relaxation and coming back sun kissed! I am also hoping to share some of the outfits I've put together for my trip. I love the inspiration I have gotten from fashion bloggers and Instagram photos! I can't decide if I will be bringing my computer with me. I think it will be a game time decision.

I had to do some major bribery today with my class. I needed to finish entering report card grades and  wanted to get a bit organized before a week off.

We used jelly beans to graph and also worked on place value with easter eggs. Each student received a certain number of easter eggs with small prizes inside. No candy! I have a serious problem and could not risk being tempted! I had to ask one of the kindergarten teachers for more jelly beans after eating a few too many prior to our jelly bean graphing.....

Each egg had a number on it. I created a form for students to record the numbers on their egg, practice place value, and add multiple numbers. I also had three 7th grade boys help out! They even did Koo Koo Kangraroo's Pop See Ko brain break! I think they thought we were nuts at first!

Lastly, I ordered Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day from Amazon's Instant Video. I was running into some problems streaming it so we did not finish it.

I just needed about 20 more minutes to get me to dismissal, so I asked my students what was an appropriate TV show. I had to nix Empire..... ( a is this real life moment). I then had the genius idea to have my students watch my favorite TV show from when I was in first grade.... Full House! Most of them said they watch the reruns and were so excited to watch. I had one girl listing off all of the characters! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment