Friday, April 24, 2015

My First Five for Friday!



Check out my very first Five for Friday! Here it goes.... I hope I got it right!

I had the opportunity to go to the World Vision Teacher Resource Center this week. I was so excited to receive supplies that will get me through the end of the year without spending more money out of my own pocket! I have taught in three inner city schools. I have yet to have a student bring in school supplies. Of course a list is sent home at the beginning of the year, but still zero - - zilch in the school supply department. I even got some cleaning wipes and tissue! YAY! 







We went to see The Book of Morman on Wednesday night. It was beyond hilarious!  I took the brown line down to the loop, met my boyfriend at his office and then walked to McCormick and Schmicks. Most of my friends work downtown in the loop and are accustomed to happy hours and walking around the corner to a restaurant after work. I however do not work in a neighborhood where such a thing could EVER happen! Needless to say I was overly excited for $7 buffalo shrimp and a $6 glass of wine!

My school had a Black History Fair this week. My class presented on Michael Jordan!  





I was a laminating maniac this week. I finished 6 different sets of task cards. 2 math sets and 4 long vowel sets. I need to finish my long u set tonight! Oh, and by the way.... I am having a  MEGA sale! 






4th and 5th grade boys at my school participated in a male mentoring  program called Man Child. aimed at helping African American boys.   The preschoolers were in tears over the scary costumes! This man literally climbed over the auditorium chairs wearing a beaded mask. The littles ones immediately ran to their teacher, clutching on to her for dear life. Poor things! 
"Our mission is dedicated to giving children the skills and motivation to empower them to contribute to the well-being of our communities and allow them to reach their full potential."




Hope you enjoyed reading my first Five for Friday! Have a fantastic weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment