Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thinkin' Out Loud

Music is a must in my classroom! Usually we have a good mix of different genres: Kids Bop, classical, Disney, Justin Roberts (love him), and new music we hear on the radio.

Let me tell you, Ed Sheerans' Thinking Out Loud has put a spell on my class. While working on their  math journals today, my kids quietly cut, pasted, and sung their hearts out. So, so very cute! I made sure to tell them that they were making my heart so happy!

We usually do not do much gluing or flap making, however today with five kids absent I thought I would give it a try. Success!

Speaking of kids out absent... what is it with my kids not coming to school so they can get their hair done?????? Even my best student misses school to get her hair done. I've learned quite a bit about weaves and braids these past few years. Not only are they expensive but they also fall out.... Yuck. I have seriously found parts of  braided weaves on my carpet more times that I can count on two hands.

Check out the picture below.... Part of a weave was actually wrapped into a gift that one of my students received over Christmas! A suburban school donated lots of gifts and the older kids wrapped them. I'm assuming that's how the weave got into the gift... Check it out. We all had a good laugh!


Can't wait to enjoy this weather! Can't wait to run on the lake shore path! One of my favorite things about Chicago when the weather is warm and sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment